Friday, May 28, 2010

Book Reviews.....


I've been slouching on the book reviews. In fact, I think I've only posted one! I've been so busy, but I still read. When you ask? I like to read about a half an hour before I go to bed, it helps me sleep. I also carry a book with me just about every where I go. That way if I'm early to pick up the kids, or waiting for the dentist, or waiting in a long line at the DMV, I can read. It is my favorite thing to do EVER. So here are some books that I've finished recently.


Relentless by Dean Koontz


Dean Koontz is one of my favs. His stories are just so out there that they really can't be predictable. This one definitely fits that bill. It's odd, and you won't be able to put it down. This novel is about a writer who has a really creepy stalker. I read 'Breathless' by Koontz a couple of months ago and I recommend it as well.




The Wife's Tale by Lori Lansens


This story is about a very obese woman. It's kind of an strange topic for a book. This woman, as she gained weight, had lost herself. Her life at the beginning of the story was incredibly tragic. Then, as the story unfolds, she finds herself again....or maybe for the first time. I could completely relate to many of her trials and I found it a truly inspiring novel. It was also very well written. I couldn't put it down and read almost the whole thing while waiting for the doctor at the ER.




Look at the Birdie by Kurt Vonnegut


I have to admit, I read 'Slaughterhouse 5' and didn't really care for it. I decided to give Vonnegut one more chance though before I completely crossed him off of my 'authors I read' list. This collection of short stories was very good. Some of stories were weird but in a good way. I really enjoyed it.

So....to see if anyone is actually reading, audience participation time!
What genre of books do you like to read?
What was the last book you read?
Who is your favorite author?

1 comment:

  1. I read Breathless and Relentless a few months ago. I thought they were both very good! Breathless was SO, um, different -- I loved the animals in that one! (BTW, I'm Starkitten on the OHO forum.) :)

    ReplyDelete